Wednesday 18 November 2009

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad head



Sometimes things just don't go right and I think this picture says it all!

I had a migraine attack last night and all day today, so the day's work had to be done this evening. I really wasn't in the right frame of mind for decorating but everything was getting too dry so I just had to go for it.



I had Marky Mark for company - we try and work every Wednesday evening. Blogger Paul was asking how the new racking was going. There's some of it next to Mark in the picture. It came from Cardew's Wenford Bridge pottery so must have been used by some amazing potters.



Here's a pressed dish that Mark made, awaiting bisc firing. There's a lot of Picasso influence in his work. I'll post a picture when it's fired if he's happy with it.



The rest of these pictures are from yesterday. It was a beautiful day, sunshine and a warm breeze so I was able to dry pots outside for the first time in ages.



Here are some moneyboxes - a cockerel on a haystack....



This funny one takes its influence from old saltglaze moneyboxes that were made in the form of little houses.



And here are a pair of lovebirds, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww



Baluster jugs always look a bit odd until the handles are applied, these make more sense to me now than they did when I made them.



Here's a picture for Tim. Three different mug shapes I've been making. I've got half a dozen of each, I want to make three other shapes so that I can make six of six - it just appeals to my compulsive obsessive behaviour of making things in sixes - it's a blokey thing I think.

Right, off for a bath and a good night's sleep ready for a full day tomorrow.
.
Happy Thursday everybody xx

10 comments:

ang design said...

that is a major blowout...!!
hey doug who pinched the door??? did ya get the wheel in yet?
and nice one marky mark, easy on the glaze this time...

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Wooo.. What happended there? Have you tried Imitrex for your migraines? You still lose a day, but less pain.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture, i really love using your barrel mugs they sit just right in the hand.
The creamy money box is great like butter icing,good enough to eat.
Tim

Linda B said...

I always make 12 of something, or 24 mugs which fill one kiln shelf-I don't think it's just a bloke thing

Ron said...

Doug! Those money boxes!! Awesome!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

all of it is great, you have a nice way with fat and rounded forms alright

Anonymous said...

Love the money boxes Doug! The kittens say hello! (well, eee eee eee anyway....)

doug Fitch said...

Evenin' all
Yes, got the wheel in. That's the other end of the workshop though, I took all the racks down that had the moulds on. MM will read this and take your advice! Thanks Cindy, I haven't tried it. I know what caused it this time though, not eating properly, my own silly fault. Cheers Tim. Linda that's good - I can never go metric because it's like a job left unfinished just making tens. Gary and Ron, cheers chaps and kitties, brother FB sends love and purrrs. Got to sleep, goodnight zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

I like the mug on the left best Doug. And the money boxes are great.. have a good one tonight, wish I could be there

Anonymous said...

This is the beginning of your adventure with pottery. All you wanted to know about it is here.