Wednesday 21 March 2012

Out and about

Morning folks



Here's what happened yesterday.

I'll not be back in the workshop until Monday afternoon and I wanted to get everything finished up so it can be drying while I'm away. It was a long day, I got home some time after 10pm, tired and grubby. Tomorrow I set of on a lengthy journey, spread over the duration of a few days.

In the morning I'll be heading to my parents' place in Bedford, then on Friday, to Suffolk, to stay with friends. I'm going to Suffolk via Cambridge, picking Hannah up from the station en route. We'll spend some time, along with our friend Jon, in the Fitzwilliam Museum, which has a remarkable, historical slipware collection.

I'll also be checking out a gallery space in Cambridge, where I have an exhibition with two painters and a printmaker which opens in a few weeks time.

On Saturday morning we'll be heading in to London, to the V&A, where we'll be attending the Spring Conference of the Heritage Craft Association. Back to Suffolk in the evening and an early start on Sunday, to drive to North Norfolk where I'm doing a demo for the Anglia Potters Association. After that, I'll break the back of the journey home, stay in a travel lodge, then head the rest of the way back on Monday morning.



On Monday afternoon, Adam Field arrives - he'll be staying for about three weeks - exciting stuff.

Phew, I'm tired just thinking about it all - I'd better get motivated and head off to work, lots to do.

Bye for now

3 comments:

Betsy C said...

safe travels friend, give my best to Hannah and make sure you take lots of pictures!

Joe Troncale said...

Have a great trip. Best wishes on all your exhibits and shows!

doug Fitch said...

Thank you Joe, thank you Betsie, I will make sure I do. Photography isn't allowed in the Fitzwilliam, which is ridiculous, so I'll do what I usually do and take photos until they stop me - it's too late by then :-)