Thursday 13 December 2012

Going live tomorrow

Good morning big wide world. My word it's been chilly round these parts recently, with the last of the floods in the lanes, frozen and treacherous. The days have been beautiful, with the ice twinkling in the bright sunshine and the night skies, so clear that you can see the Milky Way - mindblowing.


I haven't made any pots for a while as I've been putting my energy in to getting my new web site completed, ready for its launch tomorrow. It goes live at 10 am. There's still a fair bit to do on it today.


I am so completely useless at packaging and dispatch, so my friend Jonny, the photographer and designer of my site, is going to manage that side of things thank goodness. There are about forty new pots for sale. I'm almost, almost, getting organised. Here's a link to the site 



I think Mr Duck became fox food a few weeks ago as he disappeared overnight. Poor Mrs Duck has been pining for him and making an almighty racket which has been driving everybody crazy. So yesterday I took a trip to a local farm to buy her a new mate. They seemed to hit it off right from the start bless 'em, it was all very sweet. I wonder if she'll bring him to the workshop for breakfast this morning.

Happy Thursday y'all

14 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

so sweet those ducks are.
You are the best ever!

ang design said...

:)) and the chase is on.... happy joys on the new website mr, cant wait to see it!!!

Anna M. Branner said...

Poor Mr Duck....but you are awesome! Looking forward to seeing the website...and Mr Duck 2 and Mrs Duck at breakfast. :)

Jude said...

Good luck, looking forward to your new site.
Take care
Jude

Unknown said...

My mind has also been blown by the milky-way from these parts! Incredible skies lately! The suspense is palpable for the launch!! Cant wait! Feels like christmas eve already!! ;) x

Christine said...

The LAUNCH - Wow, can't wait. I'll hold my ears....!

Hollis Engley said...

Congratulations, Doug. We'll be looking for the new site when we get out of bed Friday.

Ron said...

You're a good man Doug Fitch.

Neil Daly (Australia) said...

Love the site! Well designed, looks great and is easy to use. I like the video.

Anonymous said...

Doug There is a ancient saying When the ducks leave Hollyford pottery the jugs shatter. Though Ron is so right about you

Hollis Engley said...

Wow. I started firing as soon as I got back from the coffee shop, then have been pricing and placing pots, so it wasn't until just now that I remembered to look at your site. What a great piece of work, Doug. Worthy of you and your pots. And I'm flattered to be included on your link list. Congratulations.
And many thanks to you and the Scottish woman for the great book of your tour. Dee and I both found it a very lovely thing. (In spite of the photos of me.)

Anonymous said...

Great new website Doug! You must be very pleased with it. Hope the duck thing works... ....if not, what have you got for Christmas dinner.......
;-)

Dave (& Sue)

Quietly Otaku said...

Weather is so wet at the moment which is pretty awful, I miss the crisp cold winter days! Hope your new website launch goes well : )

learning ceramics said...

OMG they are so cute! can't wait to see the new site!!